What We Do
Sick of Lawsuits:
- Educates the public about the costs and consequences of lawsuit abuse.
- Empowers consumers to take action against these abuses.
- Challenges those who profit from abusing our legal system at the expense of consumers.
Who We Are
Sick of Lawsuits is a nonpartisan, grassroots campaign of Citizens Against Lawsuit Abuse. We have more than 165,000 supporters across the country including doctors, health care professionals, small business owners, attorneys and people from every walk of life.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, and our blog, Project Lawsuit Abuse.
Why the Sick of Lawsuits Campaign Was Created
Our civil justice system is under attack by personal injury lawyers who game the legal system for personal profit in the name of “consumer protection.” The reality is that consumers are the ones getting fleeced. These abusive lawsuits harm the economy and job creation, threaten our access to affordable, quality health care, and delay justice for the truly injured by clogging our courts. Ultimately, lawsuit abuse hurts all of us.
What We Support
We support a system that would compensate those who are injured without costly and time-consuming litigation while preventing our legal system from being hijacked by personal injury lawyers and run-away litigation. Successful reform will:
- Restore common sense and fairness to our legal system;
- Weed out abusive junk lawsuits and unclog our courts so legitimate claims can move through the system;
- Put more money in the hands of injured patients and less money in the pockets of personal injury lawyers; and
- Make transparent the backroom deals between personal injury lawyers and state attorneys general who team-up to sue companies for fame and profit
- Place more scrutiny on expert witness testimony so that the highest ethical and medical standards are upheld in our courtrooms and judges and juries can trust what they hear on the witness stand.