Must Sue TV Video Contest Rules
What is the Sick of Lawsuits “Must Sue TV” Contest?
More often than we’d like, our television viewing is interrupted by a commercial for a personal injury lawyer promising you a big payday if you call their office and sue, sue, sue! These ads are filled with such greedy undertones and often come across as a comedic work of art, albeit unintentionally. That’s what the “Must Sue TV” contest is all about. Sick of Lawsuits wants YOU to create your own spoof personal injury lawyer ad for a chance to win a grand prize of $1,500!
How do I participate?
Beginning April 1, 2008, the contest will open on our YouTube channel and group. Simply create a YouTube account, join our group and add your video. We want you to put together your own creative, clever or unique version of a personal injury lawyer ad. The winning ad will be determined by public voting through YouTube’s rating and thumbs up/thumbs down system. Videos will be eligible to be voted on as soon as they are posted to the group and the winning video will be determined by the largest number of positive votes and highest ratings, so encourage your friends to visit the site and vote. Voting will end at 6:00 PM (Eastern) on May 16, 2008 and the winner will be announced on May 21, 2008. The creator of the winning video will receive $1,500 and have their video featured on the Sick of Lawsuits Web site and YouTube channel. We will also feature select videos on the Sick of Lawsuits Web site for an indefinite period of time. By participating, you are allowing Sick of Lawsuits to use your video in any media (e.g. TV, Internet) for publicity and promotion of the contest without compensation.
The award will be given to the registered user who uploads the winning video to the contest group page.
UPDATE: The contest deadline was extended to May 30, 2008 at 6:00pm.
What should I film?
Films should be a unique and creative take on personal injury lawyer advertisements and be no longer than 3 minutes in length.
By submitting a video, you are certifying that it is in compliance with the YouTube’s “YouTube Community Guidelines” set forth at http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines and does not:
- include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by entrant or used without permission (such as company names, music, photographs, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media);
- use individuals’ names, in whole or in part (including the entrant’s last name) without permission;
- refer to public figures;
- contain profanity, pornographic, or sexual content, content promoting alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms, or weapons, hateful content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), content that promotes violence or harm to another living creature, or any other offensive, obscene, or inappropriate content;
- defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies, including, but not limited to Sick of Lawsuits;
- contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements of any person, living, or dead without permission.
Who can participate?